Wednesday, 6 June 2007

James 5:4 - Who Do You Worship?


SCRIPTURE:

Jas 5:4 CEV (4) You refused to pay the people who worked in your fields, and now their unpaid wages are shouting out against you. The Lord All-Powerful has surely heard the cries of the workers who harvested your crops.

OBSERVATION:

How interesting that it is the money itself that cries out!
The cries of the workers are mentioned separately!
How can a lifeless object cry out?
Could it be, that our money / mammon is something more than just a piece of paper?

The Jamieson, Fausset & Brown commentary says this about the word Mammon found in Matt 6:24, "Here, there can be no doubt it is used for riches, considered as an idol master, or god of the heart."
Could it be that Mammon is a god? A demon spirit. And it is this spirit that accuses us before the father in heaven of the worship we have ascribed to it!

APPLICATION:

I need to constantly be aware that my worship (trust) is not in my possessions... but the One who gave me those possessions.
It is so easy to put my trust and security in the god of this age... money & possessions...

Whenever I give to God... I loosen the grip that money has over my heart.

PRAYER:

Dad, there is nothing in this world that compares to You!
Help me to not put my trust in anything / anyone else other than You.
You are my rock & shield... my security and protection.
Help me to loosen the grip money has on my life... help me to be generous and worship You with money.
May You reign in my heart... always.
Amen

No comments: