Tuesday, 26 June 2007

John 16:2, 33 - Trouble Is Gauranteed, But So Is Victory!

SCRIPTURE:

Joh 16:2 MSG
(2) They are going to throw you out of the meeting places. There will even come a time when anyone who kills you will think he's doing God a favor.
Joh 16:33 MSG
(33) I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."


OBSERVATION:

Why is it that when hard times come, I get so flustered and upset with God?
I am promised that the one thing that I an count on... is trouble!
In fact, this trouble will even come from religious people... even those closest to me!

I can take heart in two things:
1) The are not rejecting me... its really Christ that they are rejecting
2) My God can use what was meant for harm and turn it round for His good and glory!


APPLICATION:

I need to expect trouble.

I must recognize that my God can work all things to good (Rom 8:28)! I must declare this in faith!


PRAYER:

Truly, we serve an awesome and wondrous God.
Your Name is so far above anything else.
How can I ever comprehend your brilliance?

Help me to never loose sight of your bigness and brilliance.
Amen

No comments: