Sunday, 3 June 2007

James 2:24, 26 - Real Faith

SCRIPTURE:

Jas 2:24, 26 ESV
(24) You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

(26) For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.


OBSERVATION:

Very interesting... we are not saved by faith... but our faith is proved by our acts!
Without the acts... their is no fruit of our relationship with God.
My relationship with God is proved in how I act towards other people (and not by religious practices or attendances)!


APPLICATION:

By not spending time with my neighbours and nonnies... I'm not loving God!
By not investing in the needs of the less fortunate I'm not loving God!
By not encouraging others I don't even know... I'm not loving God!

What proof is there of my love for God?


PRAYER:

Lord, help me to truly love you by loving others. May there be enough evidence of my love fo you to lock me away forever! Help me to lift my eyes off of myself, my work, my agenda... to see your agenda... others.
Amen.

1 comment:

Paul's Thoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.