Sunday, 10 June 2007

John 1:14 - The Word Needs To Be Flesh If It Is To Have Life

SCRIPTURE:

Joh 1:14 MSG
(14) The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.

OBSERVATION:

It is interesting that those who had the law (God's Word) did not recognise the Word standing before them (see vs 26).
The guardians of the truth, did not recognise Him when He stood before them.

These men held the letter of the law... but not the life-giving spirit. The lifeless law was powerless and lifeless to these men.
But Jesus... He is the living Word that is living and active!

When I interact with the Bible, I must interact with Jesus... who is alive...
The Word... Jesus... breathes life into my soul and spirit.

The Bible is not only alive in Christ... but it is a mirror to my soul... their stories are my story!

APPLICATION:

When coming to the Word... I need to ask Jesus to reveal Himself... and for myself to see my reflection in the Words that I am reading.

I need to approach the Word as living. This Word is for me, now, today. It can speak to me (as can anyone who is living!)

Have I just read words... or have I fleshed it out and come face to face with Jesus, seeing the reflection of my soul?

PRAYER:

Jesus, help my readings not to be dead, lifeless words... but may You come alive... breath life into my soul and spirit.
Help me to interact with You....
Help me to know You, the Word.
May your Word be honey on my lips!
Amen

No comments: