Tuesday, 26 June 2007

John 15:16 - Fruitfulness

SCRIPTURE:

Joh 15:16 MSG
(16) "You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.


OBSERVATION:

4 Key Observations -
1) I didn't choose God (not first at least)
2) Jesus has hand-picked me... chosen me
3) I have been chosen to be fruitful
4) The fruitfulness is so key that I can ask the Father anything in regard to it and He shall do it!

On point 1. Rabbi's chose their disciples. They were hand picked as the Rabbi believed them to be the best of the best. He believed that the hand picked student could at least do what he could do... or do it even better.

My task in life is not to live out the Kiwi dream... my task is to be fruitful... to win people!


APPLICATION:

What am I doing in my weekly routine to invest my life into the Lost and God's people?
I need to be intentional about planning this time.

What prayers am I praying for the Lost and for God's people?
I need to be intentional about planning this time.


PRAYER:

Father... please give me Your heart.
Help me to be intentional. To plan. To stick to the plan.
May the busyness of life never squeeze out your plans for my life... fruitfulness.
Amen

No comments: