Sunday, 24 June 2007

John 13:18 - Jesus Knows Me And Still Chose Me

SCRIPTURE:

Joh 13:18 ESV
(18) I am not speaking of all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But the Scripture will be fulfilled, 'He who ate my bread has lifted his heel against me.'


OBSERVATION:

What an incredible thought. Jesus knew of Judas' forth coming betrayal. Yet He still chose him to be His disciple. Some might contend that Jesus did this just to fulfill Scripture... yet Jesus opened His heart fully to this disciple.
This verse blows my mind:
Mat 26:50 ESV
(50) Jesus said to him, "Friend, do what you came to do." Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him.

Even in the midst of betrayal, Jesus calls Judas His friend!
Even though Jesus knew that Peter would deny Him:
Joh 13:38 MSG
(38) "Really? You'll lay down your life for me? The truth is that before the rooster crows, you'll deny me three times."

Even though Jesus knows me... and knows of my betrayals and failures... He still Chooses me!


APPLICATION:

No matter how bad I duff it... Jesus has chosen me!
No matter how much like dirt I feel... Jesus has chosen me!
No matter how inadequate I feel... Jesus has chosen me!


PRAYER:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
May I always remember that You have Chosen me... and have faith in me.
I can't say I understand it... but thank you Dad!
Amen

No comments: