Tuesday, 5 June 2007

For it is God!

SCRIPTURE:

He gives us more and more strength to stand against such evil desires.
As the Scriptures say,
"God sets Himself against the proud, but He shows favor to the humble.''
James 4:6

OBSERVATION:

The strength that I need to resist my selfish sin... is not found in my will... but in my humility!
I need to stop trying to change... and ask Jesus to change me from the inside out by the Holy Spirit.

As Pastor Nick always says, "Living a Christian life is impossible... without God."

APPLICATION:

I need to daily (and even more often than that) submit my character and will to Christ.
I need to ask for the fruit of the Holy Spirit in my life.
When I fail... I need not beat myself up... but turn to Jesus and ask for His help.

PRAYER:

Dad, would you help my character. My true desire is to be more like you... but I need you to change me from the inside out. I can not do it in my own ability / power.
Help my anger at bad drivers, help my hard hardheartedness towards giving and to those that I don't know. Help me to be patient with people... and to love them.
Especially help my arrogant pride... so often I try to do things in my own strength... help me to lean on You.
Help me to love You... to pursue You daily.
I love You so...
Amen

No comments: